To help prevent misuse of bonfires and fireworks and keep you safe, we are:
- Working with local partners to run school talks aimed at educating youngsters
- Performing spot checks with the local authority to remove fly tipping that could be targeted for arson
- Increasing staff on key dates including Diwali, Halloween and Bonfire Night
- Allowing safely managed bonfires and extinguishing those that pose a danger to people or buildings.
Please continue to respect our firefighters and take extra care this autumn by:
- Attending organised events where possible, or if hosting an event at home use our guidance to stay bonfire safe.
- Following the firework code when buying and using fireworks.
- Phoning the non-emergency number 101 to report the misuse of fireworks - it is illegal to let fireworks off in a public place.
In an emergency, or if you are in immediate danger, always call 999.