- Choose long trailing fabric for your costumes.
- Obstruct your exit routes with decorations.
Making West Yorkshire Safer.
- Be careful around flames, especially when wearing Halloween costumes which can easily set alight.
- Use battery powered candles for decoration.
- Extinguishing any real candles thoroughly, particularly before bedtime, and not leaving them unattended.
- Maintain a safe distance between open flames.
- Check all your smoke alarms.
- Follow our tips linked here on how to have a safe bonfire or firework display, if you plan on having one over the Halloween festivities.