- Drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Go near a firework that has been lit – even if it hasn’t gone off it could still explode.
- Leave children unsupervised.
- Buy fireworks that ARE NOT CE marked.
Making West Yorkshire Safer.
- Stand well back.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box in a dry area.
- Light at arm’s length, using a taper.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
If you are in fear due to these anti-social activities you could consider fitting an external locking wall-mounted letterbox and replacing the standard letterbox within your door with a solid metal blanking plate. Alternatively, you may wish to consider fitting a sash jammer on the inside of your door next to your letterbox flap to enable you to prevent it from being opened, other than when your post is due.
Keep gates closed, maintain fences around your property and consider fitting ‘dusk to dawn’ lighting (get one with an LED bulb as they are much cheaper to run) to deter people from entering your property.