If you would like to find out more about the firefighters’ pension schemes, then please visit https://fpsmember.org/, which provides information about the benefits and options available to members of the different firefighter schemes, including:
- How your pension is worked out
- When you can retire
- What happens to your pension if you die
- What happens to your pension if you leave before retirement
- Divorce and your pension
- The 2015 Remedy (also known as the ‘McCloud/Sargeant remedy’)
- The options exercise for retained firefighters employed before 6th April 2006, and much more.
If you were employed in a support role or worked in fire control, then you will be a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme. Further information on this pension scheme can be found at https://www.lgpsmember.org/.