Oakroyd Hall is the the Headquarters of the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Oakroyd Hall was built in 1867 on what was the Halfway House Colliery. The house was occupied by several families until it was taken over by West Riding Council in 1947, when the premises were put to use as a home for children who had to be taken into care.
In 1951 the building passed into the hands of the War Department for use as an administrative and communication centre. Then in 1958 the building was again sold, this time to the County Council. Since 1974 it has been used as the Headquarters of the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, where the senior management have their offices.
Headquarters also houses many other offices and includes the following departments: – Finance, Committee and Member Services, Legal Services, Corporate Communications , Corporate Services, Enterprise Portfolio Management, Reprographics and Registry.