Shocking video shows the horrific injuries that can be caused by mishandling fireworks.
Fortunately these are prosthetic burns but we hope this video will raise awareness of the dangers and prevent a real tragedy.
Please take extra care this Bonfire season. Follow our top tips for a safe time:
• Keep bonfires small and manageable and build them away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and bushes
• Never use flammable liquids – paraffin or petrol – to light the fire
• Keep everyone away from the fire – especially children – and keep pets indoors
• Avoid drinking alcohol whilst in charge of a bonfire or fireworks
• In case of an emergency, keep buckets of water, the garden hose or a fire extinguisher ready
• Make sure your fireworks conform to British Standards BS 7114, EN 14035 or EN 15947
• Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time
• Light the firework at arm’s length using a taper or fuse wick and stand well back – never return to a firework once it has been lit
• You cannot buy fireworks under the age of 18
• You can be fined or imprisoned for buying or using fireworks illegally
• Only children over the age of five are allowed to use sparklers and should be supervised by an adult at all times
For more safety advice visit www.westyorksfire.gov.uk or follow us @WYFRS on Twitter or our West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Facebook page.
Title: 7° Scorpio: Anxiety Subsides
7° Scorpio: Anxiety Subsides by Frequency Alcyone is licensed under a Attribution License.